My guest, Abel James, is a New York Times Bestselling Author, Musician, and Online Creator. Although he’s the host of the award-winning Fat-Burning Man show, we dig into his past as a brain scientist to talk about how it affected his views on wellness.
A “Coach to the coaches,” Abel has worked with thousands of people across the world to optimize performance, mindset, health and longevity. He also has an A.B. from Dartmouth College and graduated as a Senior Fellow with Honors with a concentration in Psychological and Brain Sciences. So, as you can imagine, we dviate a little from the “fitness world” but I think you will agree that it all fit together nicely.
In this episode, we cover:
- The fun and embarrassing (for me) story of how we met.
- Abel’s personal history with movement and exercise.
- How he made such a big mindset shift in his exercise and diet.
- How Abel formed his attitudes and opinions around exercise and movement.
- As someone who has studied the brain, how Abel reconciled the attitudes and options he had with what he was learning from the mainstream media.
- How being the “Fat-Burning Man” affected his life and exercise routine.
- How his success on the TV show “my diet is better than yours” affected him.
- What Abel has changed in his regimen over the last few years (as he is getting older)?
- And the lesson I learned when I got caught cheating on a test.
Find out everything you need to know about Abel James at fatburningman.com